Pear & Raspberry Shortbread Crumble (GF)
- 3 large ripe pears, peeled, cored, roughly chopped
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1½ tablespoons cornflour
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup water
- 250 grams Mac's Gluten Free Butter Shortbread, roughly crumbled
- ⅓ cup roasted, skin-on whole almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Preheat the oven to 180°C fan forced.
Put the pears, raspberries, cornflour, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and toss to combine.
Place in a saucepan with the water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Tip into a 4-cup capacity ovenproof baking dish.
For the crumble, combine the biscuits, nuts and sugar in a bowl.
Scatter over the fruit and bake for 20–25 minutes until golden and bubbling. Serve with custard, cream or ice cream.