Ricotta Cheesecake with Shortbread Crust & Sour Cherry Topping
Recipe credit: Living The Gourmet
- Approx 27 Mac's Shortbread Fingers
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cup Ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 500 frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 160Cº and grease a 9 inch springform pan and line the bottom with baking paper.
- Place shortbread for the crust into a food processor and pulse until you have about 3 cups of crumbs. In a small bowl, combine the crumbs and meltd butter.
- Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes then remove from the oven. Allow to cool.
- Cover the outside of the pan with aluminium foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together ricotta and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- Add sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, vanilla, orange zest and orange juice. Mix until all is incorporated.
- Pour over the prepared shortbread crust.
- Bake cheesecake in a water bath for about 40 minutes, or until golden and slightly firm. Remove and let cool and set before refrigerating.
Sour Cherry Topping
- Place frozen cherries in a small saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water over medium low heat.
- Whisk together sugar and cornstarch, then add to cherries. Stir until the mixture becomes thickened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove let cool to room temperature before topping the cheesecake.
- Best when served chilled. Enjoy!