Nutella Crumb Bars
- 315g Mac's Shortbread Fingers
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- Line an 8x8 inch (20x20 cm) square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang around the edges.
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor, or place in a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin. The biscuits should be very fine crumbs.
- Add the shortbread crumbs to a bowl.
- Add the melted butter and stir it into the crumbs until everything is wet.
- Press the shortbread mixture into the pan in an even layer.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir in the melted butter - the mixture should be like wet/damp sand.
Assemble & Bake
- Preheat the oven to 160C degrees.
- Spread the Nutella over the shortbread base.
- Crumble the crumb topping mixture over top of the Nutella, squeezing it in your fist to form crumbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until the top is golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool the bars fully in the pan. They should be completely cooled.
- Optionally, cover the pan and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour (after the bars have fully cooled) before slicing for cleaner cuts.
- When ready to slice, use the parchment overhand to lift the bars out of the pan and place on a cutting board. Slice bars using a sharp, thin knife (not a butter/table knife)