No-Bake Millionaire's Shortbread Bars
Recipe credit: Savoury Nothings
- 300g Mac's Shortbread Fingers, processed to crumbs
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 55g light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 340g sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 200g Chocolate Melts
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor, or place in a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin. The biscuits should be very fine crumbs.
- Grease a 8x8 square baking pan well.
- Add the shortbread crumbs to a bowl.
- Add the melted butter and stir it into the crumbs until everything is wet.
- Press the shortbread mixture into the pan in an even layer.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Add caramel ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until thickened while stirring often.
- Pour over the hardened shortbread base and refrigerate again until cold.
- Melt the chocolate together with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Pour over the caramel layer and refrigerate until hardened.
- Cut into bars.